24 June 2016

We're Going Travelling for a Year!

travel blog iceland

Everyone should at some point in their lives should travel at length.


No, I don't believe that either. There are some people who most definitely should not do that. Those who are incapable of trying new things and experiences and those who have god awful luck.


I am of the latter group, and I am going anyway.


My name is Callum James Whitcombe I'm 21 and I am going to roll the dice and spend a year backpacking around the world with my girlfriend of 16 months Emma Frances Ansley or, The Diva, for short.


I have always been fascinated by the weird and wonderful corners of the world and have jumped at any chance to explore them. Most notably I spent 4 weeks in Kenya travelling around, working in community projects, climbing Mount Kenya, going on safari and 100 other things that has only cemented the idea of a world trip deeply in heart.


There is only one issue, actually the money is pretty big ball ache also.


There are only two issues:


1. The Money, for all the flights our trip will include the tickets are costing around £3,000 per person. Then there is the money you need to take, you need around £1000 a month, obviously some places will be more, some less but that's the generic average. Then there is everything else like travel insurance, injections, visa's and clothing. All in all you're looking at about £16,000 for the year.


2. Emma and I are possibly THE most unlucky people in the world. To sum this up I have borrowed a line from myself in a previous blog post:


"What I did not anticipate however was that the universe and every god from every civilization EVER had decided that Emma and I deserved to be bent over and fucked like the last whore on a Viking ship lost at sea."


Which is why really we are going to document our trip by video and blogging, purely because we  both know how badly this is going to go wrong and we hope that for you, our lovely readers and watchers this will be hilarious, so you're welcome, enjoy our inevitable misery.



No comments:

Post a Comment